Thinking Big: Fruitridge Drive-in

6
Fruitridge Drive-in
Center for Sacramento History, Sacramento Bee Collection, 1983/001/SBPM01884

Moviegoers flocked to Fruitridge Road at Stockton Boulevard, where Fruitridge Drive-in operated from 1950 to 1979. According to a Sacramento Bee article from June 3, 1950, the new site boasted “the largest all steel screen in Northern California.” Besides an automobile capacity of 850, an additional 500 people could sit in an area in front of the screen.