Staying home and away from friends and family is difficult especially at this time of year, but local wineries are doing their best to ease the strain and offer comfort and alternative ways to celebrate. This year, the Amador County Vintners Association is offering a unique opportunity to get to know some of its member wineries with a series of virtual events called “Bring Amador Home for the Holidays.” For each of three online events, participants can register for free, plus they have the opportunity to purchase a curated four-pack of Amador County wines that will be paired with themed recipes from each of the featured wineries. Purchases of wine are eligible for one of two extra perks:
- If customers choose to have their four-packs shipped, flat-rate ground shipping or delivery is included.
- If customers choose to pick up their four-packs in Amador County, they will receive a set of four stemless Amador County wine glasses as part of their purchase.
For more details about or to register for these virtual events, please check out the information and links below:
Holiday Favorites Virtual Food & Wine Pairing Event
Thursday, Dec. 17, 5:30 p.m.
Featured Wines & Recipes:
- Di Arie 2016 Syrah paired with Osso Bucco
- Rombauer 2018 Zinfandel paired with Brown Butter Pecan Pie
- Iron Hub 2016 Clockspring Zinfandel paired with Cranberry Compote
- Karmere 2017 Morgan Nebbiolo paired with Roast Pork with Fig Balsamic
Holiday Leftovers Virtual Food & Wine Pairing Event
Tuesday, Dec. 29, 5:30 p.m.
- Terra d’Oro Exploration Series 2017 Barbera paired with Savory Potato Waffles
- La Mesa 2019 Viognier paired with Coconut Squash Soup
- Amador Cellars 2017 Grenache Noir Reserve paired with the World’s Greatest Turkey Sandwich
- Scott Harvey 2017 Mountain Selection Barbera paired with authentic homemade German Sauerkraut
Goodbye 2020, Hello 2021! Virtual Food & Wine Pairing Event
Thursday, Jan. 14, 5:30 p.m.
- Bray 2017 Verdelho paired with Green Salad with Prosciutto & Pear
- Andis 2017 Painted Fields Red Blend paired with Broiled Lamb Shoulder with Mint Chimichurri
- Bella Grace 2017 Primitivo paired with Robust Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Helwig 2018 Amador Barbera paired with Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms