In this Sunday’s New York Times Magazine, Michael Pollan lists 20 food rules from his upcoming book. Here are a few of the pithier rules:
· Don’t eat egg salad from a vending machine.
· Don’t eat anything you aren’t willing to kill yourself.
· Make and take your own lunch to work.
· Avoid snack foods with the “oh” sound in their name: Doritos, Fritos, Cheetos, Tostitos.
· No second helpings, no matter how scrumptious.
For the full list of rules, go to http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/magazine/11food-rules-t.html.