Makes 4-6 servings; total cost per serving: $1.25
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 medium apple (Granny Smith, Fuji, Braeburn, etc.), chopped into 1/2″ cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence*
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the last 5 ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl combine the rice, broccoli, apple, scallions, cranberries and almonds. Pour the prepared dressing over the salad and mix gently until all ingredients are well coated. Serve alone or over a bed of greens, garnish with extra ground black pepper, and enjoy!