UC Master Gardeners of Sacramento County present January 21,2023 Open Garden
January 21, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Tired of winter’s dreary landscapes? Come out to the Horticulture Center to enjoy a morning in our garden: it’s bursting with life. Master Gardeners will be available in all areas to answer questions.
• Compost: Sorting home food waste – Compost pile? Worm bin? Organic Waste Can?
• Water-Efficient Landscape Garden: Flowering bulbs and colorful foliage.
• Vegetables: Tasty cool weather crops such as chard, broccoli, bok choy, beets and peas.
• Herbs: Brighten your winter dishes with flavorful herbs.
Proper pruning methods and the importance of pruning for:
• Berries: cane berries and blueberries.
• Orchard: deciduous fruit trees.
• Vineyard: grape vines.
The beautiful UC Master Gardeners 2023 Gardening Guide and Calendar will be available for purchase: $10, including sales tax.
Located outside – rain or shine.