UC Master Gardeners of Sacramento County present April 12,2023 Open Garden
April 12 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Event Day and Date
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
11549 Fair Oaks Blvd.
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
THE GARDEN IS FLOURISHING! Be sure to bring your family and friends to become immersed with ideas. Whether it’s vegetables in raised beds, grapes grown in barrels, or espalier fruit for tight spaces, you will find something of interest.
• WATER EFFICENT LANDSCAPE: California natives are mature, thriving and in bloom.
• HERBS: See how the culinary and fragrant herbs faired after winter frost and pruning.
• BERRIES: Learn the best varieties of blue berries, blackberries and raspberries for our region.
• COMPOST: Watch a demonstration of how to collect worm bin castings.
• ORCHARD: Ask about tips on maximizing your harvest.
• VINEYARD: Delicious varieties of grapes are full of vigorous spurs ready to burst open.
• VEGETABLES: Cool season vegetables are waning as raised beds get prepared for seeds.
Located Outside – Rain or shine.
Event Cost: Free
For More Info: UC Cooperative Extension, (916) 875-6913, sacmg.ucanr.edu, facebook.com/sacmg