- This event has passed.
March Open Garden
March 11 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
The GARDEN IS READY TO GREET YOU! Bring your family and friends to see the garden bursting with new growth and possibilities. Learn how to use all that recent precipitation to our advantage.
• BERRIES: Learn to prune blueberries to assure fruit this year and next.
• COMPOST: Ask about the new organic waste standards while building your compost.
• HERBS: Fragrant herbs are flourishing just inside the open gate.
• ORCHARD: Flowering trees in the orchard are blooming for the busy pollinators.
• VINEYARD: New buds are emerging for this season’s tasty grapes.
• VEGETABLES: Colorful demonstration of All-American vegetable selections for our area.
• WATER EFFICENT LANDSCAPE: See native and well-adapted shrubs and grasses in bloom.
The annual UC Master Gardeners Gardening Guide and Calendar is full of gorgeous images, and is packed with useful information! Buy one on your way out for only $10, including sales tax.
Located Outside – Rain or shine.
For More Info
UC Cooperative Extension, (916) 875-6913, sacmg.ucanr.edu, facebook.com/sacmg