|BEST OF SACRAMENTO GOODIE BAG SPECIAL SECTIONS NEWSLETTERS RESTAURANTS WINE LOCAL EATS|
Wine lovers, mark your calendars — On Jan. 29th and 30th, 25 of El Dorado County’s finest wineries are teaming up to host the region's “Bring out the Barrel” weekend. Participating wineries are offering samples of the 2010 vintage straight from their barrels – a unique opportunity for visitors to enjoy a preview of this new wine. Each winery is planning its own festivities, which include food sampling, live music and a variety of non-barrel wine tastings and demonstrations. Here’s a few ticklers:
• Auriga Wine Cellars will sample their “Italian Stallion,” a super Tuscan blend.
• At David Girard Vineyards, visitors can test their sense of smell with sensory games in the cellar; the winery will also offer barbecued sausages.
• Single Leaf Vineyards & Winery will dish out bowls of savory roasted squash, sweet potato and garlic soup to complement visitors' wine tasting experience.
• Crystal Basin Cellars will feature vertical barrel samples of Zinfandels from their 2008, 2009 and 2010 harvests.
• Madroña will offer barrel samples of their 2009 Syrah and 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon – visitors can try combining the two for a personalized “perfect Shiraz/Cabernet blend."
Dates: Saturday and Sunday, January 29th and 30th
Time: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day
Tickets: $20 for a weekend pass; $15 for Sunday only; $60 for a “Friends Weekend Four-Pak”; $10 for designated drivers
For event details, a printer-friendly map and ticket purchases, visit www.ElDoradoWines.org.